These scholarships are provided to assist staff members of Kentucky public libraries to seek library higher education and Kentucky certification for public libraries. Criteria
- The nominee must be a current member of the Kentucky Public Library Association (KPLA) of the Kentucky Library Association (KLA).
- Applicants who have received a continuing education scholarship in the past three years are not eligible.
- Applicants must be in library positions which require state certification.
- Preference will be given to applicants who have not previously received a Continuing Education Scholarship.
- One undergraduate award plus one graduate award are distributed.
- The form must be completely filled out with all questions answered.
- The information and the quality of the application shall be the sole basis of selection. Any application not meeting the above criteria will be disqualified.
- Selection will be made by the KPLA Awards Committee.
- The KPLA Awards Committee may choose to make no award in any given year if the quality of the applications is not determined to be satisfactory.
- Multiple scholarships may be awarded, with the permission of the Executive Committee, if sufficient funds are available.
- 2015 – Melissa Wickelhaus (Pendleton CPL)
- 2014 – None
- 2013 – Tishiba Roberson (Warren CPL)
- 2012 – Jama Watts (Marion CPL)
- 2010 – Jill Siekman (Boone CPL)