2013 Competition Information: Details coming soon!
2012 Videos submitted:
2012 Contest Parameters
Capture your library’s story in a music video – then watch it go VIRAL!
It’s time to put your video cameras in motion and get filming! Let creativity be your guide, as you and your cohorts strive to become the next YouTube sensation! To participate, simply use your library as the backdrop to an original music video, expounding the amazing value your library provides to your community. But there’s a fun little “catch” – you must include the following elements in your video:
- One reference to a super hero
- One “nod” to Melvil Dewey
- ALA’s @ your library logo
- One person dressed in yellow
Besides those elements (and the fine print rules below), the sky’s the limit! Ready to take the plunge? Then get filming! The deadline for submission is August 22, 2012. Send the link to your video to KPLA’s Public Relations committee chair Ashley Fowlkes at the following address: email@example.com. Winners will be announced in September at KLA’s fall conference.
Fine print rules
- Video entries should be between 1 to 3 minutes in length, filmed in a format supported by YouTube (http://support.google.com/youtube/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=55744), and tagged with the letters kplaviral2012 when uploaded.
- Entries should be largely live action but may include animation.
- Music, images, and video clips included in the video must be legally licensed either by obtaining the copyright holder’s permission, using materials licensed through Creative Commons licensing, or using entirely original content created by the library submitting the project. General information about copyright can be found at this United States Department of Justice link: www.justice.gov/criminal/cybercrime/cyberethics.htm.
- All entries must adhere to the YouTube Community Guidelines, as stated here www.youtube.com/t/community_guidelines.
- The official @ your library logo can be found online here: www.ala.org/advocacy/advleg/publicawareness/campaign@yourlibrary/prtools/downloadlogos/download_logos.